Another wabi sabi piece

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is chestnut, Nature hadn't been kind to it but this time I have left all splits as they were. It has a separate neck, also badly split. I cleaned the splits up and buffed it all as it is. It stands a total of 15" tall. C&C welcome.

Pete

Wabi sabi vase chestnut.jpg
Wabi sabi vase chestnut 2.jpg

Attachments

• Wabi sabi vase chestnut 2.jpg
    Wabi sabi vase chestnut 2.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 840
  • Wabi sabi vase chestnut.jpg
    Wabi sabi vase chestnut.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 840
Another beautiful and interesting piece Pete.
I used to be heavily into antique porcelain and it is noticeable how many of your pieces match the designs of places like Royal Worcester. I am not accusing you of copying them ( not that there would be anything wrong with that ) but suggesting that you are following the same Japanesque influences that intrigued everybody in the late 1800s. It is going to be interesting to see if you slowly switch to egyptian styling :)

I really like it, the rustic natural look together with the elegant lines.

It is possible I will have a couple of wabi sabi apples or pears in cherry soon :)

Thank you. Hopefully be doing a few more soon. Been building up 'normal' stock ready for some shows lately so not much time to do these.

marcros":35wgup5t said:
Pete,

what do you use to clean out the splits?

Mark

I have some dental picks and use those to get any bits out then clean the rest with abrasive. You have to be careful not to over sand though as if you round the edges off too much it starts to look sort of artificial.

Pete

Another great piece Pete. Like the dark bands to separate the form. The only thing in my eyes is the neck is just a little to light in colour would liked it nearer the colour of the main base part

Very nice,,,nature might have not been kind to the wood but you sure have,,
It is an inspiration to me,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,joe,

Back