AndyT`s Bench.Talk.101 now on YouTube

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolsntat

Yep, I collect tools and tat
Reaction score
Link to YouTube video now below.

Heads up then folks.

Got to let you all know that our resident forum librarian of all things interesting and forgotten, is giving what I'm sure will be an interesting presentation on this week's Benchtalk.
I know not all of you do the "zoom chat" thingy to enable you to join us live and others may be wary of being heard and seen, but you can "hide while live" if you wish.
Anyway let's see if we can get Andy a decent audience, he's the sort of chap that deserves it.
If I can be of help to anyone interested but not knowing how, please feel free to ask.
Cheers Andy
Screenshot_2020-10-12-23-41-27.png

Thanks to those who have asked.
I've forwarded the e-mail address for you to join us live tomorrow night.
If any one else would like to drop in I'll pop the e-mail over to you also.
Perhaps I should also mention that I think this presentation is less likely to be about collecting planes and more about the types and their uses.
Also remember if you do instagram you can click on the link just before the meeting @Bench.Talk.101 home page.
Cheers Andy

It's a series of talks held via zoom etc hosted on youtube since lockdown by some very interesting and knowledgeable people. I think it was set up as an antidote to social distancing etc but I hope it continues regardless.
Have a look on youtube at the channel to see if it's for you.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKOBile_C0f1d-jb1kk7A9A

Just a note to say that no virtual beverages will be supplied, this is strictly a bring your own affair.

Not long now, bet the Bex Bissell has been applied to the workshop carpet and shelves duly feather dusted. :cool:

Cheers Andy

Just a note to say that no virtual beverages will be supplied, this is strictly a bring your own affair.

Not long now, bet the Bex Bissell has been applied to the workshop carpet and shelves duly feather dusted. :cool:

Cheers Andy
I'll just try and keep the camera angled only in the right direction.
And I've had to make the workshop a bit more untidy by pulling some tools out to look at - nobody wants to watch an hour of me rummaging in drawers and cupboards while muttering that the good stuff has gone missing somewhere. :)

@toolsntat

Re the 'Tuckwell's Tools Show', I think that Andy did very well and it wouldn't surprise me at all if there's more yet to come... Tuckwell's Tools 2. 3. and 4? Not to mention that rather interesting lathe in the background.

These are the 3 other talks that I look forward to, 1. Hugh Thompson on the various marking/mortice gauges in his collection. 2. Andy Tools n Tat on Mother Planes, and 3. Sarah Carter on Mother Cakes made on her kitchen bench.

Sorry I missed it guys. I started working back at my part time job this week and finished too late to logon in time. I hope it all went well and there was a good audience for it. Looking forward to Geoffrey uploading later today

Just managed to watch the talk @AndyT , thoroughly enjoyed it and you are a luck many to have of these wonderful planes. totally in love with the combined moving/sash filister. really want to make one for myself now

thanks for doing it

well done @AndyT I really enjoyed this episode, I am a big fan of benchtalk 101, best thing I've seen/heard in ages and I've already learnt loads from various episodes, things you just can't get from books.

Back