An Honourable Man

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Cohen (Perth Oz)

Established Member
Reaction score
When one gets great (not just good) service, credit should be given.

I have bought a number of Japanese chisels on eBay from Peter Veal, aka peterthegoodtoolguy. I do not see his items offered on eBay itself. Instead he has an eBay store at http://stores.ebay.com/HAND-TOOL-BARGAINS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

His prices are often a steal, his packaging is good, postage is fair, and delivery is prompt.

I bought some excellent Koyamaichi dovetail chisels from him (having read DC's recommendation) at a give-away price.

More recently I purchased three Hideo Iyoroi paring chisels. When the box arrived it contained a 12 and 36mm Hideo, as ordered, but the 24mm was another make. I raised this with Peter, who apologised, and offered to send a replacement, and that I should keep the incorrect chisel as a gift. Since he did not have any more 24mm Hideos, I requested a 6mm Hideo. This arrived today.

Thank you Peter. You are a true gentleman.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I agree with you! I bought several chisels from Peter and, again, he has a nice and professional service. The prices are really good.

I agree with my colleagues , Peter is a top guy.( Bang go the cheap deals as everyone rushes to check him out ) everything I have bought off him has been top quality.

I bought some chisels and a saw from Peter recently and someone is bringing them here at the weekend =D> As has been said the prices are very reasonable and the communications with Peter have been great too. For people in the UK, this is a link to the ebay shop on ebay.co.uk - Dereks link goes to the US ebay website

Steve

Latest posts

Back