An example of what I do

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

New to the forum, thought I'd show you my work.

This was made to match a clients existing furniture.

Tapered Beech legs(with a patina) Mirror black finish on the rest of it.

Granite top with a floating appearance

Weighs a ton. designed to hold a 24piece dinner service.
dscn0560tp9.jpg

Hope you like it.
dscn0564ca0.jpg

Another image of it, we cut the gloss back a bit because it was showing to many scratches (a bit like on a polished car)
dscn0806mh7.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: What an amazing piece.

How did you do the finish?

Use a grain filler, and a spray booth. Without spraying this type of finish would take forever

Beautifully finished piece senior, now that you have wetted out appetites we need to see more of your output.

Senior,
Very nice, very very nice. This is the 2nd piece this week with a stone top. Do you get the stone mason to do all the cutting and finishing of the granite?

Was the cabinet made first or the top?

Andy

Lovely work senior and that bed in the avatar looks pretty impressive too :shock:

Welcome, Senior.

I'm lost for words...................well almost.

Thank heavens this isn't a competition, I'd have to get me coat.

Mark

Hi, thanks for all the good comments (everyone likes a few compliments).

The top was made at the same time as the piece, by a granite and marble company. As long as everyone is working to the same measurements it should fit!!! Believe me though I have made my fair share of mistakes I just seem to be able to get round them a bit easier these days.

No its not Rupert senior, just a reference to how I feel in the mornings.

If I get a chance i'll enlarge my avatar and post it, one of my favourites.

Thanks all,

Hi senior
You are a man after my own heart as I would like to get more into making than I do at the moment :wink: but I do have 2 buildt in's to make, starting next week :)

Lucky me, I just got another big commission from this customer, i think he likes it.

I just can't speak............................Stunning...........Now I just realised I'll never live long enough to get that good......swine of a man that you are. :lol: :lol: :lol: Looking at your threads on work worries, I don't think you will ever be short of orders with standards like yours mate.

cheers, sliver. 8)

sliver":7rsqfv5f said:
I just can't speak............................Stunning...........Now I just realised I'll never live long enough to get that good......swine of a man that you are. :lol: :lol: :lol: Looking at your threads on work worries, I don't think you will ever be short of orders with standards like yours mate.

cheers, sliver. 8)

Thankyou, I guess i'm just a worrier!!

Latest posts

Back