All together now......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n0legs

Established Member
Reaction score
On three :lol:

Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are young and free;
We’ve golden soil and wealth for toil;
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature’s gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history’s page, let every stage
Advance Australia Fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair

England 13 Australia 33
Sorry guys, what a shame, too bad, hard luck, you were robbed, maybe next time, they were too strong, you didn't field your best side, the ref was in their pocket, yadda yadda yadda :lol:

Wales for the cup \:D/

Random Orbital Bob":1con02vy said:
Savour it while you can boyo.....wont be long now :)

We'll be in it longer than you turkeys :p

Wales Wales Wales :lol:

Serious now, serious.

Watch out watch out there's a n0legs about!
Lock your doors and windows, be prepared to shout.
Cos' n0legs, yes n0legs will be about.
Where will he be? I hear you gasp.
It's quite easy, so very simple to grasp.
So where will he be going, where should we look?
I'll give you a clue, it rhymes with book.
Down in Hampshire is the place to look.
Like Walt and Jesse, but not to cook.
He's taking it on the road, but doesn't wish to goad.
He's going to England, to see if they are three toed.
Later in the week, if you wish to seek.
Keep your eyes peeled, cos' his house is four wheeled.
Beware, don't keep you lips sealed.
Watch out watch out, n0legs will be about :wink:

Why oh why have some Welsh people got such an inferiority complex? Oh yes, I remember now.

I wanted England to win as I'm English. Now that they are are out, I want another UK team to win. And I support a UK team when playing a non - UK team.

Maybe because I don't have a chip on my shoulder.
Maybe because I know Welsh people who are mentally mature - like my wife.
Maybe because I'm patriotic and I thought the UK fought things like World Wars together and died together.

As it happens, I believe that, in 4 weeks time, there will still be only one UK rugby team to have won a World Cup.

I may be in a minority as a Welshman with my views but here goes.....................Yes I am pleased with last nights result but not because England lost.....I am pleased because Wales are through to the quarter finals without having to sweat too much over our result against Australia next week (arguably our toughest game in the pool). Its a shame England are out as it would of been nice to have all four home nations contesting in the knockout stages. England need to have a good long look at their fitness, selection and decision making on the pitch. You can't argue with last nights result as they were beaten by a better team...in fact they were lucky to only be reduced to 14 men when Farrel went off..Burgess should of walked too!! When England won the cup I was a fairly lonely welsh voice in my local rugby club cheering them on....I dont buy into the whole "I support Wales and anyone playing England" thing as I am Welsh first then British second so I support anyone from our nation during the world cup. So....bad luck England...you have a good team and some amazing individual players but you need work. Lets hope the fervour for the world cup doesn't die off in press/tv now England are out!!

Come on Wales!!!!!

I either agree or understand all that. When England play Wales, of course I want England to win. Whatever sport it is. When Wales or Scotland or Ireland play someone else, I want the UK side to win.

When Australia play someone other than England, it might get complicated as my son lives in Oz. My daughter in law is Oz. My 3 grandchildren are therefore half Oz. We have a house in Oz and spend as much time as we can there. Great country with a lot of people who seem to have a sensible mature attitude to the place of sport in greater scheme of things.

Spooks is right about the quality of the teams last night and particularly as Oz have such a small player base from which to pick. No question about the better team winning.

I'd love UK team to pick up the cup. I think that Ireland have probably got a better chance than Wales but I also think that the winners will come from the Southern Hemisphere.

Good on you Spooks.

"...I believe that, in 4 weeks time, there will still be only one UK rugby team to have won a World Cup..."

私はそうは思わない

!!

MartinCox":29z43qd8 said:
Why oh why have some Welsh people got such an inferiority complex? Oh yes, I remember now.

I wanted England to win as I'm English. Now that they are are out, I want another UK team to win. And I support a UK team when playing a non - UK team.

Maybe because I don't have a chip on my shoulder.
Maybe because I know Welsh people who are mentally mature - like my wife.
Maybe because I'm patriotic and I thought the UK fought things like World Wars together and died together.

As it happens, I believe that, in 4 weeks time, there will still be only one UK rugby team to have won a World Cup.

Touched a raw nerve ????
Lighten up mate, you'll sour the milk on your sugar puffs :lol:

Woody2Shoes":2dqrc47v said:
"...I believe that, in 4 weeks time, there will still be only one UK rugby team to have won a World Cup..."

私はそうは思わない

!!

Neither do I :lol:

So often the ripper of an apologist. Lighten up...only meant it as a joke.

No raw nerves here because I try and try to put things like sport into context. Did anyone read Kipling? Very true about winning and losing.

I was lucky enough to do the Lions (that's Wales, Scotland, Ireland and together by the way) tour of Oz in 2013 with the wife - that's the Welsh one - and the biggest joy was going around Sydney and Melbourne completely surrounded by other true Lions supporters and mixing with everyone. Didnt even think about which country or which club they supported but were there for the joy of the game. Tremendous atmosphere. Glad I didn't bump into any small-minded people - and that included all the Aussies we drank and laughed with.

I enjoyed most things about this forum. Learnt a lot about woodwork from people like Custard, Jacob, Peter Sefton and many others. Learnt something new even at my age about people from this thread.

Farewell.

MartinCox":3c6zaon7 said:
So often the ripper of an apologist. Lighten up...only meant it as a joke.

No raw nerves here because I try and try to put things like sport into context. Did anyone read Kipling? Very true about winning and losing.

I was lucky enough to do the Lions (that's Wales, Scotland, Ireland and together by the way) tour of Oz in 2013 with the wife - that's the Welsh one - and the biggest joy was going around Sydney and Melbourne completely surrounded by other true Lions supporters and mixing with everyone. Didnt even think about which country or which club they supported but were there for the joy of the game. Tremendous atmosphere. Glad I didn't bump into any small-minded people - and that included all the Aussies we drank and laughed with.

I enjoyed most things about this forum. Learnt a lot about woodwork from people like Custard, Jacob, Peter Sefton and many others. Learnt something new even at my age about people from this thread.

Farewell.

Wow, you'll do yourself a mischief if you keep thinking like that :roll:
Bye :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back