Aldi Clamp special buys

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I was going to post about these, I picked up a set of the F clamps they seen fine for the money (£5.99) I used one last night to push back the pistons on my bikes break calipers. I might get another set if there is any left.

Pete

I've had these in the past and have found them excellent.

I'm off to get some more F clamps at lunch time

The quick clamps are fine but you need to replace the pivot pin in the handle with a nut & bolt all the way though - takes about 3 minutes.

I bought some F clamps too, really good for £1.20 each!!!

Are the quick clamps any good? I bought some perimeter branded ones from an InExcess store and they slip, kinda put me off that type of clamp.

Cheers Andy

Andy,

The quick clamps I had from Aldi last time, look the same as the ones this time.

When you apply pressure, the pivot pin tries to burst out of the side (you can see the plastic flex) and it won't grip tight.

Solution is to unscrew the side panel, remove the pin, drill through the plastic housing with the correct sized drill bit and then use a bolt right through the handle & out the other side.

Mine now work as well as some that cost me £15 each.

Also you can bolt a pair together (back to back) for a 4ft long clamp

Just been and got a load of these.Two lots of F clamps and two of the G clamps.Look good for the money.

Ive been after some of these, going for some tomorrow! I just got my beautiful car back from the body shop, some little chav drove into the side of it and its only 4 months out of the factory so unnecessary trips are welcome!

yer i brought 2 sets of the f t there normaly like £7 for 1 or 2 :p

they have fair amount of other tools there to sliding mitre saw and levellers and so on shame i did not get much chance to look at the other stuff

Lark I was in the Northampton Aldi today in town and got a few sets. Where abouts are you located?

lol sounds like a horrific accident, you may as well describe it as your broke your body.

LB is a big place, and I know no rickies unfortunately. Your not far from GoodTimber do you use them?

i was going to for some veneer mdf but they had a min of 5 sheets whats far to much for me so i went with sl hardwoods. they was great shipping costs tho where from good timber i would not have had that but i dont want 5 sheets as im only hobbyist.

the if i was ordering from sl i fort i might get the rest from there as well.
shame really...... so i dont know where there like..

but the stuff from SL was perfect as i wanted

Latest posts

Back