Alan Peters (style) Media Unit...finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this bench so much I want my own!

The top and sides seems quite thick. Two inches?

How are sides and top joined?

Thanks for posting.

Geir":33m7teo0 said:
I like this bench so much I want my own!

The top and sides seems quite thick. Two inches?

How are sides and top joined?

Thanks for posting.
Top and sides are a double thickness of 18mm ply with 2mm bandsawn veneers, so the thickness in total is 40mm. Construction has been done entirely with biscuits. The main sections are held in place with a double row of four biscuits (eight in total) at each joint...there are 24 biscuits to locate and hold the top (eight at each end and eight for the drawer unit) - Rob

woodbloke":1y23spt6 said:
Once the shelves and gear are in position I'll post another coupla pics- Rob

UnitinpositionwithequipmentSMALL-1.jpg

The bright glare on the TV screen is the reflection from the lamps...not a lot I can do about that :( - Rob

Nice job Rob.
Excellent craftsmanship, the only thing i'm not keen on is the handles. I think a different 'lighter' design would have possibly looked better. Thanks for posting.

Mattty":18tfc56m said:
Nice job Rob.
I think a different 'lighter' design would have possibly looked better. Thanks for posting.
As I said earlier Matt, handles are invariably difficult to get right. In the flesh though (or wood) they look good on the piece - Rob

Lovely work - and with a finish to match. Personally, I really like those contrasting handles - they compliment the colour of the rest of the piece to my eye at least.

woodbloke":1pls4gy7 said:
Mattty":1pls4gy7 said:
Nice job Rob.
I think a different 'lighter' design would have possibly looked better. Thanks for posting.
As I said earlier Matt, handles are invariably difficult to get right. In the flesh though (or wood) they look good on the piece - Rob

They are indeed Rob, many a project has failed on this front. I'm sure A.P would have been flattered at the quality of your cabinet.

Back