aftermarket fences?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefitzsimons

Reaction score
hi guys,
i have a de-walt 744 table saw. im an amateur woodworker. but my main question is that i want to turn this great saw into a great saw station.
i have loads of plans but the main thing i want to know is can i use one of the aftermarket fences that the americans sell (like biesemeyer) to my litttle table saw. now im an engineer but i hav not seen any of these fences in person so basically without other peoples knowledge im not sure if at all what i can buy.
now rest assured i live in ireland and can get the goods from the US but is it worth my while guys.
thanks
dave

Hello and welcome Dave, I'm assuming you have the stand for your saw and what you are talking about is the table system.
If so and unless someone else has this actual set up you should find the answer on here

Dom

hi dave, i have one of these saws, or a version of it.

i have built an mdf base to replace the metal one i got with it. still not gotten round to sorting all the extraction, but it certainly makes it better to use.

frankly i do not think that many of the after market fences will be much better than the fence on mine.

not sure what model yours is, but on mine, the fence is accurately located front to back, and is moved by a rack and pinion system that can be properly locked. the fence is able to be moved so that is does not go past the front/centre of the blade, and also it is able to be used both as a high and a low fence.

it would be interesting to understand what you expect more from an aftermarket fence, except maybe an incra type.

having spent a lot of time discussing this with scrit about using the table saw i now tend to rely on it only for ripping, but eventually will build a cross cut sled for those bits over 300 wide, but i do except that it is not
what the saw is designed for.

paul :wink:

Back