Advice on Firedoors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAW911

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of flats in a block and their front doors need replacing with firedoors. I have had a quote which seems expensive but it may be fair! Does anyone here fit firedoors? Is this a fair price do you think?

To Supply:
Certified Sapele veneered solid core FD30 doors lipped all round and over veneered, approx sizes 926 x 2040 x 44mm, satin clear lacquered finish, certified ironmongery supplied and fitted, Lorient Firemaster letter plate (or similar),
Door closer, 15 x 4mm fire /smoke intumescent seals, 100mm butt hinges, Spy Viewer, Reuse existing ironmongery, Door numbers, Locks and handles, If there are no Intumescent seals in doors or frames router new ones into doors.
£498 ex VAT
Installation and removal of old door then is £480 ex VAT on top.
Does this seem a fair price please?

Apart from being slightly confused as to who is supplying the ironmongery it doesn’t seem so far out to me, and also has to pass all the relevant regulations and future fire inspections. Ian

Yes looks reasonable considering once any regulations need to be met and certified things always become more expensive. If you are a landlord then it is important the job is done and certified if for no other reason than give you peace of mind.

I have a couple of flats in a block and their front doors need replacing with firedoors. I have had a quote which seems expensive but it may be fair! Does anyone here fit firedoors? Is this a fair price do you think?

To Supply:
Certified Sapele veneered solid core FD30 doors lipped all round and over veneered, approx sizes 926 x 2040 x 44mm, satin clear lacquered finish, certified ironmongery supplied and fitted, Lorient Firemaster letter plate (or similar),
Door closer, 15 x 4mm fire /smoke intumescent seals, 100mm butt hinges, Spy Viewer, Reuse existing ironmongery, Door numbers, Locks and handles, If there are no Intumescent seals in doors or frames router new ones into doors.
£498 ex VAT
Installation and removal of old door then is £480 ex VAT on top.
Does this seem a fair price please?
Per door or for both ?

Back