Advice for proedge Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spasm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for some proedge setting that you use when putting a fingernail profile on a bowl gauge and spindle gauge. By getting this advice I’m hoping to get the best profile on my gouge and not having to waste to much steel getting to the profile I want.

Ie. What number you have the chisel holder “for want of a better word” how far you have the chisel protruding from the holder and what number you have the stem that fits into the boss set at. Sounds a bit complicated but hopefully if you use the fingernail profiler you’ll know what I’m trying to say.

Rob

Thanks Steve, that was actually in the early days of TWH. There was a lengthier thread here.

Rob: My projection from the holder is just a shade shorter than 50mm and I can't remember the setting. I will check this in the morning and get back to you. However, I'm still not sure I'm totally happy with the grind. I guess I got used to the much pointier profile I used to have. What I have now seems to be more 'normal' amongst those that I've seen on DVD's and the web.

Hi thanks for the speedy replies,

Tom will look forward to the post tomorrow at the moment I have the projection at 50 mill and setting 2.

rob

Back