Adverts (primarily cinema)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Been going to the pictures a fair bit recently and found a couple of adverts highly entertaining.

Advert 1 - Lynx - what red-blooded male could not fail to be moved by this one!

Advert 2 - Virgin Trains - I haven't laughed out loud so much for a long time

Has anyone else seen these?

I was also wondering what other ads folks thought stood out?

Roger

Is the Virgin Trains ad the one with the indians attacking? I found that one on their website. Pretty funny near the beginning when the knock the bicyclist off his bike and ride through a flock of sheep.

Yup, Dave..that's the one. Watching UK adverts? Is US cinema 'that' bad ? :wink:

I remember seeing a couple of brilliant ads in the Superbowl a few years back...one failed as I can't remember the product....basically wide angle shot of a car park and one alarm goes off...the car alarm from hell...on and on, changing alarm tone, on and on until suddenly a sofa falls out of the sky onto the car roof and silences the alarm. The camera slowly pans up to frame a little old grandma smacking her hands together, clearly having just thrown the sofa down...and the advertisers voiceover says something or other ('told you the ad failed!). The camera slowly pans down to the sofa which is still teetering on the car roof...see-sawing to and fro and then slowly slides off the roof and onto the hood whereupon the alarm starts up again :D

The other was the shuttle delivering US astronauts to the space station. As they enter, one says to the other 'what's to eat?'. The response is along the lines of dehydrated flavourless sachets. Then you hear a very clipped , very British accent saying ' Another After Eight mint, Nigel?' and the camera zooms out to show a wide angle of the shuttle with British Airways liverie and that this is a conversation between the flight deck crew, Nigel being the BA captain on the flight deck. The voiceover says ' Only the British know how to travel'. Classic IMHO :D

I do admire a really creative advert!

I don't watch television. Our television hasn't even got an antenna on it. We use it to watch videos we rent. Most of them are kiddie movies. The lastest one that my son likes is Cars. I have to admit that I like it, too.

I can't remember the last movie I went to.

Every year in January the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis hosts showings of the British Television Advertising Awards. It has turned into an annual event for my wife and me along with two other couples. We go to sit in a movie theatre and watch 2 hours of advertisements and then go eat at a favorite place. Makes for a nice evening out. Many of the ads are humorous although there are always a smattering of sobering ones thrown in.

Back