adding a logo to a rifle stock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aideym

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of finishing a rifle stock and would like to put my logo on it.
The stock is laminated birch ply, the laminations have been dyed using water based dyes.
I don't feel tool confident at trying to dremel the design into my stock, I am worried that trying to stencil and dye the design may cause the design to run and I don't have the tools or the skill to hand carve them, so what else is available? Or are there any rock solid tips that may allow me to use the dremel or the dye.
Thanks in advance
Aiden

Have you considered having it laser engraved?

Know a few people that have had Shotgun stocks done.

Jon.

i dont know about the cost, but I would research either laser engraving it, or having a brass plate engraved and fitting that to the stock. A makers stamp may work, but I dont know how well it would show up against the laminations of ply and the colours.

Hi Aiden
I have a laser that can engrave it for you if its not more than 18 inches long as thats the max size that can fit in the cabinet.
Feel free to get in touch.

Mike

Thanks for all the replies and the kind offer. I have some scraps of the left over lamination, so I will give the pyrography a go, if it looks rubbish I may take up the laser engraving offer. As for the photos, I will upload some after I have given it all a good polishing up. At the moment I am laid up with a slipped disc and the unfinished stock is staring at me.

Latest posts

Back