A slightly over cooked chicken

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Cookery tip - do not put a chicken in the oven on a Monday and take it out on a Wednesday.
Img_0009Rcd.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good tip that, Noel. So what will you do now - tuck it away somewhere safely out of sight, then bring it out and reheat it on the first spring barbeque?

Cheers,

Trev.

We've some people coming 'round Friday night for dinner.......

Reminds me a bit of one of those bodies they dig up out of bogs or preserved in prehistoric ice somewhere up an Alp. 'Spect you could sell it on Ebay as a bronze age Sunday roast... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

I remember when I used to live in the YMCA and we had a fad of eating baked potatos late at night... the one night we got pi.... err.. drunk and I forgot about them. At around 11 o'clock the next morning me and the other half woke up to a burning smell... opened the oven door to find four wrinkled walnuts!
dunno.gif

:sign3:

I have to ask, how did you forget about it?

WiZeR":p0kudnnv said:
I have to ask, how did you forget about it?

Don't tell us - you popped out to the workshop just to check everything was OK, then noticed that you had left a chisel out on the bench, so you went to put that away, but noticed that it needed sharpening, and then you thought that you may as well sharpen all the others as well, and then you thought that as you had the water stones out, you might as well do your plane irons........

Could happen to anyone!!!! :D

I frequently pop out to the workshop for something and come back 6 hours later (usually when I get hungry!!!).

Taffy.

Yes Taffy, sounds very familiar - just poping/popping (2 or 1?) out for a minute and,well, not returing.
With regard to the bogman chicken (although it made me think of a victim in CSI on C5) wasn't me, honest. Cath dun it, honest. Knew nothing about it until it was rescued from the oven and the aroma (pong) was hard to ignore. We've an oil fired cooker so the crematorium smell went up the flue and the wind must've been blowing the wrong way.

Noel, hoping that the pilot of the next plane that gets lost has a decent map with him....

Back