a new scam?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
6 March · Grays ·

Warning..!!!!
Recently we parked in a public car park. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for petrol. Luckily my friend told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the car. Then we received this email yesterday.
WARNING FROM POLICE

THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN
BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE -- A NEW WAY TO DO CAR-JACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)!
Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating... You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine put it into reverse.
When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you stop and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.
When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off.

That must be why you never see a cop nowadays, they are all in the station spamming the public

The only way I'd not see something on my rear screen in a car park is if I'd reversed it into a space and in that case I'd just drive out not seeing it anyway. Do people really try to locate their cars with their eyes shut?! :roll:

Back