A large tabletop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
After all of the problems with not enough clamps I have finally got the table top to the sealer stage.
insealer.jpg

I shall be glad to see the back of this one. :roll:

First thing this morning I laquered the table top.
Justsprayed.jpg

Later in the afternoon I gave it a flat and polish.
Afterpolishing.jpg

Almost finished it now, then I have to deliver it. :roll:

mailee":1ftyaps5 said:
Almost finished it now, then I have to deliver it. :roll:

No no wait, you've forgotten the legs!

Great Job Mailee, you'd have struggled with that in your old workshop!

Yep, that's me.....Legless. :lol: Your right there Chems, I would most certainly have struggled in my old shop. I managed to build a wardrobe and finish a small corner unit at the same time as this in my new shop. Isn't space great? :D

No it wasn't pre cat Dodge it was AC laquer, I mixed it before using. I have not heard of the RSE laquer what's that then? :?

RSE is a newer version of the standard Acid-Catalyst lacquer.

I was given some samples to try and sprayed some onto some offcutt oak last week.

Results were very "glassy" looking if you know what I mean but the finish is absolutely rock hard and i'm sure it will be extremely durable - It is marketted as waterproof etc.

After spraying it is touch dry in about five minutes but then fully cures in 20 minutes - even so I left it longer for peace of mind.

Only problem I found is that is stinks! - I was told it was odour free by the rep but it has a strong smell of ether or similar - Well I didnt find it very pleasant .

Rog

I got the table top delivered today and I am glad to say the customer waws over the moon with it. This is what it had to cover.
DSCN2052.jpg

And this is how it looked with the top on.
DSCN2051.jpg

It must have been impressive as she has given me another three jobs starting with a toy box. :D

They're selling one just like it in Ikea!!

Only kidding Mailee, nice job, too big for me to atempt

Back