A couple of things wot i have made.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Fat Pig

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just (at long last )managed to succeed in getting an image onto a post, thanks to the excellent tutorial posted by Slim, i just wondered if any of you might want to have a gander at a couple of my recent projects.
The picture of the firesurround doesnt really show it off too well, the mantle is curved out towards the room and the arched piece above the fire is stepped about 6" down from the top. The bed is a king size bed, (well, what did you expect with a name like mine ? :D ) and i had to build it outside ,(my workshop being a mere 12`x14`).The downside of this was that i had to spend a week or so outside in glorious sunshine, :D . Both were made from reclaimed timber, the bed cost me slightly less than £50 all told, and the fire surround was about a fiver.

2645880976_2dc08edf48.jpg

2645880980_ee72682697.jpg

2645880984_f67997008f.jpg

Piggy

Bed looks good but you need to invest in a decent matress. Boy it's uncomfortable. :wink: :lol:

Nice work Mr Pig,
Reclaimed timber has a quailty all of its own.
Nice fire by the way, cant beat a good open fire Eh !!
Cheers,
Gary.

BFG I make the bed most days so whats all the fuss about?

Regards Tom

P.S Nice work for a member of the medical profession though

Big Fat Pig":19lpmn9w said:
Having just (at long last )managed to succeed in getting an image onto a post, thanks to the excellent tutorial posted by Slim, i just wondered if any of you might want to have a gander at a couple of my recent projects.
The picture of the firesurround doesnt really show it off too well, the mantle is curved out towards the room and the arched piece above the fire is stepped about 6" down from the top. The bed is a king size bed, (well, what did you expect with a name like mine ? :D ) and i had to build it outside ,(my workshop being a mere 12`x14`).The downside of this was that i had to spend a week or so outside in glorious sunshine, :D . Both were made from reclaimed timber, the bed cost me slightly less than £50 all told, and the fire surround was about a fiver.

2645880976_2dc08edf48.jpg

2645880980_ee72682697.jpg

2645880984_f67997008f.jpg

Piggy

Well, I had SWIMBO threaten to make me sleep on the couch once. But she never mentioned banishing me to the patio! :lol:

Hey BFP, some nice looking work there! How far apart have you got the slats on the bed? Looking at the shadow on the decking they look to be a fair distance apart?

Right up my street - reclaimed timber....nothing like it.

Seasoned to perfection...cheap and far better cuts than nowadays...

Really impressive use too....I simply love an open fire and that surround and mantle sets off the old cast iron beautifully!

Bravo my friend!

Jim

Hi, thanks for the comments. Glad you like what you see. Can`t type much just now, but will post a longer reply either later tonight ( Thursday) or tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers.

Piggy

:D

Hello again.
Frst of all this is a little embarrasing as i didnt mean this to be a seperate thread, it was just a link i put in a reply to a thread about bed slats. I don`t even know how it got to be a seperate thread, in a different section too !
Ah well, never mind.
The finish i used on both the bed and fireplace was Briwax antique brown, just one coat on each initially then a further light coat to finish.
The slats in the picture were just for the purpose of getting a photo. There are far more slats now, each one spaced the width of a credit card from the next.
My current project is a pair of matching bookcases in oak. WIP pics have been taken and will appear on here in due course.
Unless they turn out rubbish, in which case i will deny all knowledge.

:D

Piggy

Back