A Brad Special..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattty

Established Member
Reaction score
A recent Mdf lounge cabinet. The top is Obeche or something similarly horrible i had in stock, Stained dark walnut to match the floor.

DSCF2107.JPG

DSCF2113.JPG

My client painted it Farrow and Ball- Bone( i spray primed it). Brads Northern gold moves to Leeds!!

Pukka job Matty boy!

It's always nice when the punter paints it themselves, although I am offering the hand painted finish service more and more these days.

Top tip - don't buy Farrow & Ball. Go to Johnstones and get them to mix the F&B colour for you in water based acrylic eggshell.

Cheers
Brad

BradNaylor":tfzv8api said:
Top tip - don't buy Farrow & Ball. Go to Johnstones and get them to mix the F&B colour for you in water based acrylic eggshell.

For cost reasons, or because you think Johnstones is better paint?

I have always liked the way F&B paint goes on.

I did that trick with the johnson's paint twice. I wanted a F&B colour and tried both oil and acrylic based paints, mixed to the johnson's code which matched the F&B colours. When I sampled the paint there was something just not right so decided to buy a 750ml can of F&B and sampled that. The F&B was a different shade to the johnson's and also a nicer finish. I wish I'd bought the F&B in the first place instead of trying to save money. Now I'm £40 out of pocket. At least you learn by your mistakes

Back