A bit of boat joinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ay, ay, captain, very good, splice the yard arm, ship ahoy, yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum, hoist the main sail mr christian,
run out of sailing terms :lol:

i thought you were busy building windows and having debates
over insulation factors and double glazing benefits :?
OK you lost me
didnt think that boat of yours was so rotten :whistle:

:lol: Its not mine . I was amazed at the scale of the project and thought you lot would like it .

I don't know why he didn't start from scratch, he replaced all the ribs and knees then replanked the hull except for about two foot down from the gunnel he then replaced all the stern and the bow. The only things original was the keel and the planks just below the gunnel (Tumblehome)

Sure did a good job though. :D

I don't know why he didn't start from scratch, he replaced all the ribs and knees then replanked the hull except for about two foot down from the gunnel he then replaced all the stern and the bow. The only things original was the keel and the planks just below the gunnel (Tumblehome)

I suppose it is a similar to the Victory, which 95% is into it's third revamp or like the 20 year old broom thats had three new handles and six new heads.

Sure did a good job though. :D

Don't know anything about building bateaus, but I was quite impressed with the way it was transformed from a wreck into something very elegant...like the music too. Here's a pic of another impressive boat from Lisbon Maritime Museum, taken on hols last year, apparently HM had a trip in this one went she went on a state visit to Potugal - Rob

Portugal2005062.jpg

Back