37 days

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
Last episode tonight of this fascinating insight to how WW1 started and how the decisions of a few stupid men caused mass devastation and the loss of millions of lives!
BBC 2 - first two episodes must be available on iplayer?

Apart from the phoney accents a great piece of docudrama though I suppose some of the conversations must be slightly guess work?

I'd previously watched the programmes about Queen Victoria, The Kaiser and the Royal Cousins which gave a lot of background into the German thoughts and actions, especially Wilhelm II's.

Rod

Worth watching BBC2's "Royal Cousins at War" and Ch 4's "Queen Victoria and the crippled Kaiser" if still available on demand?
They help to explain the erratic behaviours of the Kaiser and Tsar Nicholas who were both Autocrats.

Rod

We got the first episode off I Player so you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm really enjoying it and as Harbo says its helpful to have watched Royal Cousins. The thought that millions died because a what boiled down to family jealousies and warmongering individuals is sobering.

Luckily we could never go to war now because one powerful individual massaged the evidence...... Could we????

Tinbasher":1isjfp37 said:
We got the first episode off I Player so you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm really enjoying it and as Harbo says its helpful to have watched Royal Cousins. The thought that millions died because a what boiled down to family jealousies and warmongering individuals is sobering.

Luckily we could never go to war now because one powerful individual massaged the evidence...... Could we????

and still get away with it when he gets caught out!

Back