3/16" spade head thumb screws with shoulder for Record 2506S

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've searched for some 3/16" spade head thumb screws with shoulder, for the depth stop of the Record 2506 side rabbet plane, in *.co.uk, but I have not found them.

ds2506s.jpg

Probably my English is not good enough...
Could you help me find them?

Many thanks and best regards,
Andrea

I am not sure but I may have one or two. How many do you need?
The only other way than the forum I can think of, to get some, is ebay. And I've seen the prices screws, chipbreakers etc go for. Sometimes you are better off buying a donor plane, but then if you are anything like me, you end up needing exactly the same parts for that one!
I'll have a look for you but I won't be there till tomorow
Neil

If all else fails I have thumb screws of the same pattern, sadly 1/4" BSW. However the root diameter is within a nats watsit of 3/16", if you have the facilities you are welcome to one, I only have a couple, to modify.
xy

Thank you very much to everybody for your offers and your help.

Since I need 4 thumbscrews (for me and for some friends), I'm searching for a web-store (thank you the same, Neil). Better if it is located in United Kingdom or in European Union.
But so far I have not found anyone. Probably I use the wrong words in the search engines.

I found this item in the United States, but the overall cost is too much for me:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-16-24-x-1-5 ... 1e6c3fc1cc

I know that I could use any standard 3/16" screws, but I'm sure you understand me if I first try to find the right screw.

Andrea

I forgot to say that if someone find these thumbscrews in a local store I can pay for them, for the packaging and for the shipment trough PayPal.

Andrea

Andrea":4yg2yvpg said:
HI've searched for some 3/16" spade head thumb screws with shoulder, for the depth stop of the Record 2506 side rabbet plane, in *.co.uk, but I have not found them.

ds2506s.jpg

Probably my English is not good enough...
Could you help me find them?
Hi Andrea.

I have two screws that look identical, and I'm sure I have two more if I look. The thread is 3/16" 24tpi BSW, and they come from a Record 735 fibreboard plane. However the threaded portion is barely 11.5mm long, which may be too short for your 2506. Please let me know if they are suitable, and I will look for the other two.

Postage will be about $11.75 NZD = ~7.35 Euros.

Cheers, Vann.

Back