116 0r 118mm hole saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to drill a 116 or 118mm hole in a plastic pumping station tank to insert a 110mm invert soil pipe, this is the suggested size from the supplier to match the rubber seal supplied with the kit. Despite best attempts via Google I am unable to find one, or an adjustable this size - any suggestions or work arounds?

I use an 111mm hole saw like the one on the same page Spectric posted. Works very well if you don't over shoot and dig in the two side cutters

Yes i think the flexibility is going to cause issues so the jig saw may be the best answer, thanks for all the suggestions much appreciated.

If you’re going down the non hole saw route, I’d mark it out and use a pad saw, a jigsaw on material too flexible for a hole saw will never produce a round hole.

If you’re going down the non hole saw route, I’d mark it out and use a pad saw, a jigsaw on material too flexible for a hole saw will never produce a round hole.
I think a fair attempt could be made with an up cutting blade in a jigsaw. That is cutting towards the jigsaw plate. I would use a pad saw, perhaps with metal cutting blade, again cutting on the pull stroke.
geoff

Back