110/240 inverter, which one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrimTheKing

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all

I am tempted to get a camvac and have found one available for £50 (currently) but it is 110v. I have done a search for Bobs various helpful posts on motors, inverters etc but can't find the one I think I remember, where there were some suggestions of sites and models to go for.

the Camvac is twin 1100w motors and a google has found this one at the bottom of the page (bearing in mind I haven't a scooby what I'm supposed to be looking for). What I don't know is whether this is the price I'm supposed to be looking at for one, if it is then I might just go with buying a brand new one.

Cheers

Mark

wizer":48z181l0 said:
You need a transformer, surely?
I refer the honourable gentleman to this line of my OP

"(bearing in mind I haven't a scooby what I'm supposed to be looking for)"

:oops: :lol:

I was originally going to put transformer but then I have seen converters and inverters and haven't a scooby what I need :(

you just need a transformer. Search ebay for '110 site transformer'. They are the yellow boxes with the round sockets. Beware, they are VERY heavy so try to find one local. My Hitachi SCMS is 110v, running off one of these trannies. I also have the CNC running off a different one. Very useful once you have one, as you can often find bargains with 110v tools ;)

toms right - inverters and converters turn 1ph to 3ph or vice versa - transformers step the voltage up or down on the same phase - so in this case from 1ph 230v to 1ph 110v

which is why they aint covered in bobs fact sheet on 3ph conversion

lots of 11ov transformers on ebay, but the key is to get one that has a decent rating ie 3kva plus - also watch out that quite a number of the ebay ones have been lifted off building sites by theiving little barsterds

you want summat like this (tho thats ones in blackburn)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/110V-SITE-TRANSFO ... 27b23a701d

35b3_2.JPG

I used to have a rake of transformers, you can buy new for 50 quid from TP

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back