Workshop & Shed Musings & Chat Thread.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen and Ladies of course if you can stand associating with us.

Please restrict this thread to casual discussion or comments about how you just hit your thumb or found a long lost treasure in the clean-up.

Comment or pointers to your output in another Forum section are OK.

Just finished that Table I mention i was thinking about making (Link )
if you think your mates may have missed it.

Images of finished work or WIP type posts as time lapsed posts in this thread will probably get removed.

Today I routed a slot in my router table to take a new mitre slot.
Got distracted and routed the wrong way along the fence meaning the router pulled from the fence and left a wavey slot.
Beginner mistake and i'm annoyed with myself.
I am half way down a soothing cup of tea and trying to console myself with the fact that I will see it every time I use the table and that means I will never do it again!
Be gentle on me.

Brandlin":2c7lmj9v said:
....Am half way down a soothing cup of tea and trying to console myself that the fact i will see it every time i do something on the table means that i will never do it again!
Be gentle on me.
Time for a new thin laminate surface perhaps.

Did that last week with a lump of oak on the bandsaw, half a broken nail or similar in the middle of the log, you guessed it new blade.

My workshop, which is very untidy, is built onto the end of my garage, which is very full. By some unfathomable magic SWMBO cleared enough space in the garage for me to partition off a dedicated carving area, with storage for 'all' the stuff in the workshop that I should really throw away. No pictures and not yet finished, but ongoing.

I had Carpal tunnel release surgery on Monday so can only use one hand for 2 weeks, I went out to the workshop and got cold looking around - for pineapple sake I AM BORED !

Merlin

monkeybiter":15xf29vq said:
By some unfathomable magic SWMBO cleared enough space in the garage for me to partition off a dedicated carving area, with storage for 'all' the stuff in the workshop that I should really throw away. ..

That sounds very ominus to me, and that is based on 57 yrs of experience. There could be projects ahead.

I sincerely hope so, been fighting a long-term dip in motivation and energy. Want and need to get the engine revving again.

Spent yesterday cleaning and clearing out offcuts, or rather my family did. I can’t go in, or even stand near the door following an adverse reaction to dust. I’m hoping it is just Sapele so they have been trying to get rid of any traces. Time will tell.

k4wils":3kp8nk6i said:
Spent yesterday cleaning and clearing out offcuts, or rather my family did. I can’t go in, or even stand near the door following an adverse reaction to dust. I’m hoping it is just Sapele so they have been trying to get rid of any traces. Time will tell.

That sounds harsh - i hope it is just one species.... good luck

Back