Mains remote plug recommendations?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got my extractors at one end of my workshop with the machinery in other places!

So, I have always used remote controlled plugs so that I don't have to wander backwards and forwards when using the machines. It's not that my workshop is big, that's
part of the problem, it's a bit crammed and I don't so much wander round my workshop, as squeeze past the various machines and bits of wood. So the
remote control plugs are very handy.

Until today, when they have been re-called due to the fact that some catch fire!

When I bought them I searched the web for something suitable. How stupid was that?

Can anyone recommend a quality, safe remote control plug that can handle 2000W. It is one of those things where I am not looking to
save money, that might not be cost effective!

Sheeeeet, unplug 'em and get back to B&Q

I don't even know why I got that email from B&Q, but I'm glad I did now.

Siemens make some under the Lightwaverf brand. Don’t get the dimmer ones though. I have loads of the Siemens stuff in my house for lighting although I actually use the Lidl ones for exactly the same as you in my workshop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use remotes from Maplins. Used for a few years now and they have been superb. Can’t remember the brand, but I’ve never seen the same ones anywhere else.

Back