Veneer costs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith 66

Established Member
Reaction score
Veneer costs, I am in need of some 1.5mm constructional veneer, mahogany or sapele, anyone got a rough ball park idea of price per square meter this stuff is today?

Keith 66":1ud1p1d4 said:
Veneer costs, I am in need of some 1.5mm constructional veneer, mahogany or sapele, anyone got a rough ball park idea of price per square meter this stuff is today?

For decorative saw cut veneers in low volumes, about £5 per square foot is as cheap as you'll get, and for prestige timbers it's much higher. For purely utilitarian constructional veneers I'd hope the price would be quite a bit lower.

But you've got Capital Crispin on your doorstep, so why not give them a call.

https://www.capitalcrispin.com/products.php

If you just need a small off-cut for a project PM me, I saw cut my own veneers and I can pop some postcard size pieces of scrap in the post.

I will be ringing them monday for a chat to get an idea, also Reliance veneers. I have an interesting project, lovely sailing dinghy built in early 60's. Been neglected & needed a new deck, Cost of sapele faced ply from Robbins was prohibitive & not economically viable at nearly £500 delivered. I got 4mm elite from them & it came to half that. A friend in the trade has access to a veneer press & has offered to veneer the plain deck panels. I have a fair quantity of high quality Mahogany veneer that i was given a year ago but to be honest it is if anything too fancy being hard crotch figure, its also very old & has some damage so wont be easy to do. My mate is going to look at it & we will lay it out & see if its usable. If not we will see what we can get.

Back