Home Made Sanding Mop mark 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Both myself and Claymore (and possibly others) have posted here before about making home made sanding mops but I recently made a mark 2 version that allows me to use the mops on the buffing wheel arbour on a bench grinder.

AS you may surmised looking that the finished mop these are a bit more complicated to make that the simple emery strips stacked onto an M8 set screw version, but they work (in my opinion anyway) so much better.

Using them on the bench grinder puts them in a position that I find much easier to use. Plus I have a coarse mop on one side of the grinder and a fine mop on the other side. I find that this is really convenient for my Intarsia work

If you would like the full details I have done a full write on my blog - http://trivialwood.co.uk/home-made-sanding-mop-mark-2/

Regards

Phill

Attachments

• Sanding-Mop_mk2.jpg
    Sanding-Mop_mk2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 931
Nice one. I know what you mean about the position being easier to use. In the drill press, I sand more of my fingers than anything else.

Back