Apple and walnut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
No not a recipe for cake LOL.
This is a piece of apple with a purple heart collar and finial. The cross piece is three pieces of split bamboo which at the moment are loose as I haven't made my mind up whether to have them all together or as in the 1st photo. The base is walnut and is IMHO too thick so I will be making another one that is thinner. The vessel body is 4.5" diameter and 3" tall. C&C welcome.

Pete

Attachments

• apple on walnut  (1).JPG
    apple on walnut (1).JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,026
  • apple on walnut  (2).JPG
    apple on walnut (2).JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,026
Spectacular once again. Is the bottom to heavy ? I think it looks ok in the picture but may look heavier in the flesh as it were.

I'm fine with the rustic body and agree the base is too heavy, if the base is to be a formal turning I feel it should perhaps be more in keeping with the finial, about half again in diameter of the finial at its base and just enough height to lift the piece off the ground plane.

As is the formal turning is too dominant for me.

I quite like larger/chunky "statement" pieces. I think it looks great as is.
It's got a solidity about it, some beautiful colours and grain in it also.
Very nice.

Thank you. I agree that the base is too heavy and have made another one a third smaller that looks much better bit I have to finish sanding it back as the end grain is playing me up on it.

Pete

Back