Sycamore lidded form 3- for critique

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the 3rd form from my quartered sycamore log hollowed with my home made rig. Its about 9" tall with the finial. Its finished in danish oil for a more natural looking matt finish. The lid is heavily textured and the 'tusk' is more lightly textured and coloured with acrylic paints.

goldtusk.jpg

Comments and critique welcomed.

JT

It's good to go as far as I'm concerned johnny, the form and colour of the body is excellent to my eyes and the finial adds to the composition without detracting or drawing the eye away from the overall form.

stunning Johnny ( the piece I mean, not you) :) and great work with the cover of wow.

Sorry its took so long to reply :oops: Thank you all for the kind comments 8)

Steve the tusk is just Sycamore, cut out ,sanded to shape,textured with a dremel and sprayed with some finest Holts gold spray paint. Oh and a bit of gloss laquer to make it shiny.
Chas, thanks, I'm glad you like it,have you made any hollow forms with the hollowing tool you made?
Paul and Mark,Thanks chaps the cover honours on WoW were a complete shock :shock:
LW and George, thanks, much appreciated.

JT

johnny.t.":35xkh4i1 said:
Chas, thanks, I'm glad you like it,have you made any hollow forms with the hollowing tool you made?

No, nothing that ambitious johnny, have used it to reach into one or two vases where it has been a help. Don't think it's design/manufacture/head size is flexible enough to give the control that a Rolly would do.

Back