Makita comes good!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
Great result today, I was off to local tool shop to pick up two 18v makita batts total of £120 inc. started whinging at the bloke, saying I'd only had them less than 2 years and it's pants they'd packed up already. His reply " we can swap them out!!!" 3 year warranty. Dates are on the batteries. Brilliant. Like for like.
So I treated myself to festool csx set for £200. ;)

Shame. I have two that are showing signs of imminent failure. The shame is that they are almost nine years old....... :mrgreen:

Well done on both counts. I'm tempted by the cxs set too. :)

PS are the dates on the batteries easy to find by none dealers?

Yes. It's the first two On the left, I think there is about 6-8 no. In total. But deffo the first two. My two batteries got chucked into a box of what must have been at least 80 batteries to go back to Makita. Really made my day.
Can't believe how powerful the cxs is, only played in workshop... But just keep driving screws into all sorts!!!

carlb40":9k9yw34h said:
Well done on both counts. I'm tempted by the cxs set too. :)

PS are the dates on the batteries easy to find by none dealers?

Go for it. I got a cxs set last year just for kitchens and cabinet work and it's been great. I've used it for some big stuff at home too when I'd left my main drills up in London.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back