Lurem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcus

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if it is possible to get spares for Lurem machines in the UK? Thanks

I have a planer thicknesser made by Lurem and sold and rebadged as a Record Power machne. A year or so ago I needed a replacement manual and contacted Lurem who kindly sent me a pdf file. I asked about spare blades etc and they said that their UK representative was Record Power, so it may be worth starting there.

This is what they sent me:-

Good morning,

Please contact our dealer in UK :

Record Power LTD

Lee Birtles
E.mail : [email protected]

Best regards.

Régine Jouin
Export Department
Lurem Machines à Bois Sas

Misterfish

I got new blades from them for my PT last year. Be interested to know if they have any other spares.

Hi Rob, I gave Record a ring, they said they do Lurem spares for only one machine now (I think they said it was a PT, so maybe this is yours?)

Lurem's own website no longer works. I did a bit of googling and found that they were recently bought by a dutch company called DB & S. I emailed this company and was told that Lurem no longer exists and no spares for Lurem machines are available anymore....

It would be nice if companies published drawings for old kit they no longer wish to support. With the price of CNC dropping rapidly it might be cost effective to get new parts made, or for plastic parts, printed. However I guess they would look upon that as reducing the chance of selling a new machine.
Might still be worth approaching local machine shops.

Marcus
Which model of Lurem do you have? If it's one of the commoner ones like the C210B, or the later version that was badged as the Maxi 26 by Record, someone might be able to take a photo/provide dimensions of any missing part.
And if it's the Grandaddy of these, the C200, mine is measureable/photographable and has a very tatty photocopy (or it might even be a stencilled version - remember those??) of the (French) manual.

Back