'Junk Pile'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the first piece out of my new workshop. It's 17" tall. I thought I would make it out of Elm as the open grained nature of it would show through as a clue for the observer as to its true wooden nature. C&C welcomed.

I suppose that deserves a Weld Done, very striking, certainly set me cogitating about how you went about forming the raised line texture.

Elm, grain structure? afraid it's not obvious to me in that image, the applied finish is so even and 'blemish free' , a real tour de force.

I like that a lot a very interesting finish which shows the wood grain accross the shoulder of the vessel. Suggests welding on a vast bottle, or stitching on a leather bound bottle. A great piece, one that demands to be picked up and caressed, studied and admired. Sounds limp to say well done, but that's a very dramatic piece.

What kind of welding rods did you use? wooden ones? :roll:
All joking aside, it is a very striking piece of work! I'd like my inner artist to make an appearance when I'm turning but I think he's scared he'll get injured until I get better! (hammer)

Really nice bit of art Johnny, most impressive indeed!

Johnny , you have stretched the boundaries with this piece =D>

It without doubt can be called a piece of Art.

It was turned on a lathe as many people can do , but then the artistry began ,It really is a lovely piece and lives up to your naming of it .

I think the new premises has given you great inspiration and look forward to many more postings of your work / art. =D> =D>

Inspector":3erjlglo said:
woodfarmer":3erjlglo said:
I have looked everywhere and can't find any elm welding rods, perhaps you used tig? :)

You meant "twig" didn't you? :wink:
Pete

OOPs my tripo, Of course I use a stick welder :)

Sorry Johnny, I replied before I got to your post. :) great minds

Back