I'm just going to put this here...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDennehy

Established Member
Reaction score
...because nobody else out there understands how much work this took to make :D

IMG_3317a.jpg

I even gave it a coat of BLO and turps because who knows when I'll ever see it all clean like that again. Have to get a grip on myself in fact, I caught myself thinking about reflattening the top and that way lies madness.

They're things you normally use to ABSOLUTELY RUIN THINGS by putting them on the pristine surface that really just needs to be looked at in a way that the Church might take issue with...

Yebbut. Think of all the dust that will collect there - AND how long it will take to get each "thingy" down, dust it off, and put it back up again. :D

In another post (about trailing cables on hand power tools) I got "criticised" for maybe being "over neat". Yup, maybe, but I LIKE neat & tidy and "a home for everything and everything in its place".

How about some doors, or a pull down roller blind to keep most of the dust off?

It's an 8' by 6' shed. I already have to step outside to change my mind, if I put doors on that thing, I'd never be able to open them without stepping outside and taking my bandsaw, my clamps, my saws and all my measuring and marking kit with me...

Mind you, the roller idea has some legs if I could move all my hollows and rounds and the reeding plane and the rebate plane and the other stuff on top of the frame in the "shelf" that formed there. But it'd have to come out far enough to form a dust seal over the tools and that gets back to having to come out too far from the wall to fit :(

MarkDennehy":aua37uma said:
It's an 8' by 6' shed. I already have to step outside to change my mind...

ha.. like that!

Great looking workshop. Is that noise reducing foam on ceiling? Do you find it effective?

OscarG":2dv3uxsh said:
Is that noise reducing foam on ceiling? Do you find it effective?
Sort of - it reduces the noise for the neighbours (it's that stuff you find in recording studios, or at least the cheap ebay version). Doesn't do much for me inside the shed, I wear ear defenders if I run the bandsaw or the sander or if I'm morticing anything for any length of time.

Back