mini vase, lighting and letting the wood decide:)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
1. September challenge practice :)
and very timely too. its Isobels birthday today so i could present her with flowers in a vase in addition to the overly romantic present of two new tyres for her car :D

2. letting the wood decide :mrgreen:
as i started to turn this old table leg the first thing that came to mind was that it looked like a barrel in texture, so a barrel it became :D

3.presentation.
look at the difference between these two pics. same cheap old camera, same settings.
barrelvase.JPG

barrelvase1.JPG

its amazing what decent lighting can do to picture. i made a home made light box from an empty crisp box, a sheet or two of paper, an old sheet and some old site lamps, following these instructions roughly (hammer) http://www.digital-photography-school.c ... light-tent
i just need to get a bigger box so i can get bigger things in it. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• barrelvase.JPG
    barrelvase.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 441
  • barrelvase1.JPG
    barrelvase1.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 441
Presenting your work properly in pictures really is as easy as that Nev :) A bit of light and no distractions in the photo and it looks more like what you see with it in your hand or in front of you doesn't it. Good job (hammer)

Can't believe what a difference that makes. I'll be making something like that light box to present my work in future! Nice barrel.

Latest posts

Back