• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Steaming wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

baldkev

Established Member
Reaction score
I draw a line across before I saw the wood up and then glue it up so that the line is still there my reasoning is that there is more chance of it looking as if it was originally one piece of wood just bent.
Good point

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
@Cabinetman
here's a few pics of the pipe i use and a very rubbish drawing using winpaint

20210515_182451.jpg

Feed pipe.jpg

T connector.jpg

steem box.png

It is all packed away unfortunately and not easy to get to but hope this gives you an idea of how I do it

Cabinetman

Established Member
Reaction score
That’s great thank you very much, my beloved has set her heart on a two seater bentwood where the back changes direction to form the arms And then back down again into the seat, so sort of a three-dimensional set of turns, half the battle will be making the former, its just as well I relish a challenge. Ian

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Forgot to put in the drawing that there is a grid made from knackered shopping cart sides (wet wood weighs a lot) to keep the wood off the bottom of the box and help heat all round and a drain hole at the far end

yetloh

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a look for pics of the steam box but most of my woodworking pics seem to have gone awol on transfer to a new computer and the backup which should contain them doesn't. Really annoying.

Jim