Zipper table saws?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has experience of "Zipper" branded table saws, specifically this one:

https://www.veistokone.fi/zipper-fks-25 ... kkeli.html

My early Einhell table saw fell apart today while ripping some softwood, and I spent far too long fixing it. It's been a constant source of frustration, actually. The blade isn't quite big enough (it's only 215) and the fence is... well... let's just say time consuming to adjust ;)

Unfortunately table saws in Finland seem to be way more expensive than in the UK/Europe, and as it is the quietest time of my work year it's likely to be a month or even longer before I can get to the UK or even Germany.

I've had my eye on the Axminster TS-250M-2 which looks perfect for my needs, but I really need something ASAP and who knows when I will get to an Axminster next :/

Second hand machines that would probably be suitable, for example the Bosch PTS 10 XC, seem to sell here for more than the new price in Europe.

However, that Zipper looks like it *might* be a reasonable compromise. It retails for about 160 in Germany, so 230 here isn't bad, although 70e is 70e. The question is could this be something that would do as a longer term stopgap for me....

Any thoughts and experiences would be very welcome, thanks!

Back