Words

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boboxsi

Established Member
Reaction score
I am searching for words how will you described your wooden product. I am trying to find words so i will put my internet page on google search map. I can't write scroll saw product since 90% people do not know what it is.
Can you help me which words do you use for your art.
Thank you

You could try using keywords such as:-
Personalised
Word
Ornament
Decoration
Home
Handmade
Wood
Gift
Wall
Table
Shelf
Hanging
Freestanding

Those are all I can think of for now but you have to try to get the words that people will input into search engines such as:- "Freestanding word decoration" or "Personalised word ornament" or "Personalised gift" or "Handmade wood decoration" etc.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Dave, (ardenwoodcraft).

Bob, what is it that you are making in woodwork. That will enable more suggestions to help you. Then you can search Google to see if anyone is already using the name you think of. If so, choose something different.

Are you planning to make any specific products, or just make furniture, or do general carpentry?

I know that the best is that you show your work to the people, but we do not have craft fairs so I will try with internet. On internet you can`t call it scroll saw product - I asked my mother and some of a little older people from my street what is scroll saw product and they doesen`t have a clue.
As i wrote that here we do not have craft fair so the only thing that i can do is to made web page and facebook. But if i call scroll saw no one will look. The main problem that i have now is that all thinks that it is good quality china product and that my prices are to high.
Now in our country are very popular wood glasees, bicycle and wooden bow ties (you can make with scroll saw ) - sorry one link is in slovenian language http://www.woodway.si/leseni-dodatki/leseni-metuljcki
http://www.naturalstock.eu/si/33-leseni-metuljcki

I have only been scroll sawing for about 2 months but in that time I haven't met one single person who knew what a scroll saw was. Even the staff at Wickes looked at me confused when I asked if they sold scroll saw blades.

We are practitioners of a mystical art :D

They sell in Europ. I saw tham on New year stand in center of our capital city- Ljubljana country Slovenia. I talk to guy who was selling tham and he told me that 80% sels goes to Germans, Italians and Rusian people.
Moste wanted is the bow ties made from olive wood and price for olive wood is high.

Since here are now 10 companys who sels bow ties it must be big enquares from buye. But in England you sell vine york. Here in Slovenia is no interest in it and we produce wine.

Claymore":9rpqdq7q said:
This is a very interesting thread as I am always wondering what to call my Intarsia work....... are the plaque's.......ornaments.........sculptures....wooden pictures?
I'd call them superb ;)

Coley

boboxsi, before they were called scroll saws, the namefor them was Fretsaws. Many older people may know the word fretsaw. How about calling your work 'FRETSAW KEEPSAKES' - Presents for those you care for.

Latest posts

Back