Worcestershire Bash-3rd September

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like it might be possible Paul,

Juts looking at the flight schedule now, Looks like an early one of the 3rd 06:00 - gets in at 07:30

i'd probably have to b&b it and fly home on 4th.

I'll keep this in mind till closer the time !

If i have time i can do some fruit as well, what sort of fruit do you want, I do apples, pears, oranges, lemons and grapes but i'm sure you would not want to see me make a whole bunch of grapes :lol:

T. Walton":2izjqz2e said:
If i have time i can do some fruit as well, what sort of fruit do you want, I do apples, pears, oranges, lemons and grapes but i'm sure you would not want to see me make a whole bunch of grapes :lol:

Bananas Tony, extreme multi axis turnery !!!

Paul.J":lum8iek9 said:
So is this bash going to turn into a general Bash now Chas,rather than just a dedicated turning bash :?:

Chas did write "I've taken the liberty of inviting any flatworlders with a fleeting interest to come and suffer our dust and shavings" so if they come it is to see and participate in spinning things. I don't read that anything has changed it from a purely Woodturning Bash. That to my mind would be how it was read and interpreted.

The more that sign up from our interest group the less academic it becomes. Spread the word - sign up for the bash!

I'm sure if they were interested they would frequent here a little more often wouldn't they,and see that we have a bash going and would then ask if they could come along :?:
As they say on in the DEN i'm out.

I will be watching the outcome of this bash thread with interest, if it turns out to be a general bash instead of the woodturning bash that was originally planned then count me out, I'm not interested.
Some of the newer posters in the woodturning section wont be aware of the comments made by the some of the 'flat worlders' in the past regarding turning/bashes which is why the separate bashes were started in the first place and in my opinion should stay that way.

Steve

Steve Jones":2m40f1k3 said:
I will be watching the outcome of this bash thread with interest, if it turns out to be a general bash instead of the woodturning bash that was originally planned then count me out, I'm not interested.
Some of the newer posters in the woodturning section wont be aware of the comments made by the some of the 'flat worlders' in the past regarding turning/bashes which is why the separate bashes were started in the first place and in my opinion should stay that way.

Steve

I was unaware that there was any great tensions between interest groups as one of the "newer posters".

Even with Chas's comments I did not read it that there was any move away from Turning as the emphasis of the day.

I am looking forward to the bash, and plan on going expecting expecting it to be a Turning event. If there was any move away from it being so, it would not hold the interest for me. Certainly no desire to drive away stalwarts like Paul.

From what I gather about a Bash it is determined by those attending and only non attendance will detract from it's purpose.

As I said above Colin, if it's a woodturning bash we will get to meet on the day as I'll almost certainly be there. If it a general/flat bash I wont be as I have no interest in flat work or anything other than woodturning whatsoever.

Steve

Who on earth said anything about a general woodwork Bash, it's a Turning Bash, assuming enough folks are interested, if you care to look at other sections of the forum you will see I'm only trying to broaden the horizons of what is possible with combining turning with other crafts.

Here's what I posted on the Scrolling section:
CHJ":2o81n300 said:
As Peter Sefton has offered his premises for the turning bash in September with enough room to swing a dozen cats (without any harm to participating felines) are there any scrollers interested in coming along.

In the past we have tried to explore the combination of scrollwork and turning but not had the scrolling input to take it further, it would be great if we could give this a go, I for one am looking for a little more interest than yet another bowl.

Edit: Here's a Link to what I'm talking about

If you follow the link you will see what we tried to do at the first Turning bash ever on this forum.

CHJ wrote
Seeing the Size of the Facilities I was wondering if some of the more local Flat Worlders would be interesting in adding a bit of diversity in september to the turning bash,especially if there are any scrollers or folks wanting to venture into a little more spinney stuff to compliment their cabinet making. Not talked to the Spinneys yet but I'm sure all with any sort of interest would be welcome
Nobody as suggested it been a general Bash Chas,just seems like it will end up that way now.
I know all about trying to get other crafts involved in the past Chas,which didn't come to anything,which was why the sole turning bashes started.
There hasn't been any othere interest either in the last three bashes as far as i can see.
Dustydave brought his scroll saw along to my bash but again there was little interest.

OK Paul, I'll duck out and stick to just editing the thread as necessary and let you guys enjoy yourselves I prefer to remove barriers rather than build them.

A month to go for those thinking about the possibility of attending the Worcestershire Turning Bash to sort out the commitments calendar. Like all such events the more attendees the more subjects that get covered and discussed.
The usual limitation of available space to pack members in just does not apply this year so if a deciding factor would be the ability to bring along a mate as a travelling companion who is interested to see what goes on with a view to joining in the UKW turning fraternity then I'm sure they will be made welcome.

Hi Guys looking forward to meeting you all next month, Chris Eagle who teaches my turning courses has offered to join us (FOC) for the day to demonstrate box making and the alternative skew. Chris is not a member of UKW so please do advise me if you mind him joining us for the day.

We have a few names on the list but please mail me so that I can keep track of numbers, [email protected] Malc (The Shark) is kindly volunteer co-ordinator.

Cheers Peter

Peter Sefton":3dgdmvre said:
........Chris is not a member of UKW so please do advise me if you mind him joining us for the day.

.....Cheers Peter

Chris is in fact a member Peter, and is due to post an introduction and his intended program for the day, he is currently trying to catch up on members comments and interests to enable focus on members interests.

So far, the Skew (alternates), Box making, off-centre and eccentric, decoration and texturing; have come up in conversation as subjects to cover.
No doubt Chris will be more specific on the tools and systems he uses when he posts.

Hello Everyone, from new member Chris Eagles

I am a woodturner living and working in the beautiful Vale of Evesham, Worcestershire.

Rather than detailing areas of my woodturning, I will simply say I am passionate about all elements of our craft.

Part of my woodturning teaching and demonstrating is for Peter at his Furniture School and I would like to offer the following demonstrations at the September Worcestershire Bash.

Box making (eccentric and off-centre lid decorations); texturing (three different tools and techniques); tool preparation and sharpening and “An Alternative Skew” which comes with a no-catch guarantee !!!!!

Regards
Chris

Back