Wooden peg

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
I am trying to remember a brand name of a dowel or peg. They are a hard wooden dowel of tapering diameters the clearance hole is made with a proprietary drill bit.
You drill a hole, cover the peg in glue and wack it in with a mallet like you would a nail.
I think they are a bit expensive for what they are and did not really catch on.

i rate miller dowels, but as you say they didnt catch on in a big way- presumably in a reasonable part to the price.

I want to try these out.
Can't see cheaper than Axminster but I wanted a drill and oak plugs.
The mini one
Axy don't seem to sell the drill except with beech plugs

Is the drill essential ?

Thanks axminster it is then.

Not sure where you are in Norfolk but are you aware of the reclaim place just south of fakenenham?
Was in there last week, just browsing wish it was near where I live, he has some great resawn wood

lurker":2uguqhst said:

Not sure where you are in Norfolk but are you aware of the reclaim place just south of fakenenham?
Was in there last week, just browsing wish it was near where I live, he has some great resawn wood

I'm in Kings Lynn which is around 20ish miles west of Fakenham.
I've not been aware of the reclaim place you mention, do you remember their name?

I never heard of those. Just looked at the web site, and what am I missing? I dont see any advantage over ordinary dowels.

Roughcut":2tv78x9d said:
lurker":2tv78x9d said:

I've not been aware of the reclaim place you mention, do you remember their name?

Here http://www.norfolkreclaim.co.uk

I could see myself spending a fortune here.
He has a saw mill at the back

We drove home from wells yesterday lunch time
The tail back in the opposite direction (from Hunstanton ) must have been 20 miles.

sunnybob":37u617ht said:
I never heard of those. Just looked at the web site, and what am I missing? I dont see any advantage over ordinary dowels.

Agree
But I want a contrasting (visible) plug and thought these would kill several birds with the same stone

lurker":zlp9lcxu said:
Roughcut":zlp9lcxu said:
lurker":zlp9lcxu said:

Here http://www.norfolkreclaim.co.uk

I could see myself spending a fortune here.
He has a saw mill at the back

We drove home from wells yesterday lunch time
The tail back in the opposite direction (from Hunstanton ) must have been 20 miles.

Thanks for the link.
Us locals tend to avoid the A149 and choose other routes during holiday periods and Sunday afternoons during the summer as it's a traffic jam with all the extra holiday makers heading to and from the coast.

Back