Wilmac Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Pardoe

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the forum and basically I'd like to suck your brains

I bought this Wilmac table saw for the princely sum of £12 at auction, I believe it was made by Machan and must be close to my age of 61, she needs an on off switch fitted, would anyone know anything about this machine? It is small with a large GMC motor on the back, I can find nothing like it on the net

Appears I'm unable to post pictures

Hi, I have just refurbished a (I assume) similar Table Saw. It has Wilmac written on the edge of the table, and was I think made in 50's or 60's. It had a three quarter horsepower Compton Parkinson Induction motor. I tried to fix that first, Fully dismantling cleaning & oiling (it had a centrifugal mechanism that threw the brushes away from the commutator and shorted the coils once it was up to speed) getting new brushes made by a small company in Croyden. That was to no avail however, I bought a new 2HP motor instead, replaced the wiring - fitting an ON/OFF (solenoid contactor) switch with two emergency stop switches (one either end), bought a new drive belt, replaced some imperial bolts & bought a 7/32 Allen Key and its good to go.
Very well made unit, weighs about quarter ton with its cast Iron top and body (around the blade - 10") with steel legs/motor shelf. The motor sits on a pivoted platform such that it rises with the blade using its weight to keep belt taught. I still use the original fence (fitted with a new hardwood rail) I replaced the 1" dia steel round bar that guided the fence (to make fence guide longer). I have built several jigs and guides and a support table to make maximum use of it. I have now moved the saw to my workshop that doesn't have mains power so I'm now awaiting a new generator as my old one at only 1800W isn't powerful enough to start this beast (hopefully delivery of a 4.1KVA generator will happen tomorrow.
Please don't hesitate to call if you need to know anything further, My name is Roland, you can reach me on 07981 288 994

Back