Which CNC Router?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of questions for anyone, who’s reading….

Does anybody know of a good UK CNC Builders forum or Facebook group, where I might be able to get some general advice if I’m going to build one of these?

Has anybody tried buying from eBay and importing from Germany? The supplier swears blind that VAT is included. I don’t believe them.

Cheers
Steve

A couple of questions for anyone, who’s reading….

Does anybody know of a good UK CNC Builders forum or Facebook group, where I might be able to get some general advice if I’m going to build one of these?

Has anybody tried buying from eBay and importing from Germany? The supplier swears blind that VAT is included. I don’t believe them.

Cheers
Steve
Mycnc.uk or cnczone. Both have excellent build threads and years of knowledge on them. If you can think of a question it has probably been asked and answered already.
Also they have for sale sections where serious bargains can lurk.

Beware the time sink of following some amazing build all the way through and then feeling in awe of some peoples skills and ability to get stuff done, at least that's how I feel sometimes.

I have bought cnc parts from Sorotec (not on ebay ) in Germany and they did sort out the vat and duty ( i didn't pay duty as low value part) .
Actually I think DHL do that bit As part of the postage service.

Ollie

Ps. I would not get one of those all in one controllers. Get an AXBB with uccnc, from CNCdrive.com a cheap HB04 pendant and run it of any old pc. It won't cost much and is a proven method.

I have a spindle like that, not sure it's good for slower speed metal cutting, amazing for wood though.

Last edited:
Sainsmart ProverXL 4030 v2 has closed loop motors. I think I'd go for closed loop where possible.

Back