Which 18g Brad nailer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulrbarnard

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in the market for an 18g nailer down to 20mm. I don’t have air in my workshop which is a limiting factor. I am invested in DeWalt as far as batteries go and do have a 16g nailer from them.

I’m open to another brand or corded.

Recommendations?

I always think battery nailers seem expensive as you can buy a decent compressor and air nailer for the same price as what you pay for just a bare battery tool, obviously the battery option is much handier if you want to use it out of the workshop though.

I'm on Makita platform but was too tight to buy their nailer so got the Ryobi version and use it with a battery adapter. I've had it about 2 years and no problems so far but it doesn't get loads of use.

Looks like Ryobi are just releasing a new model, I don't know what that is like as mine is the older model.

I have Makita kit, but keep looking at the Ryobi nailer. I already have a Ryobi adapter to use Makita batteries with it.

I still have air in the workshop, but have moved most of my tools to cordless now.

Don't be held back by the battery brand.

I have Makita kit, but keep looking at the Ryobi nailer. I already have a Ryobi adapter to use Makita batteries with it.

I still have air in the workshop, but have moved most of my tools to cordless now.

Don't be held back by the battery brand.
I have the same as this. Ryobi with makita battery. Great bit of kit, I did a whole room's skirting and architrave and other bits and bobs with it. Worked great

Meant to say that i have the Dewalt first fix and 16ga dewalt, both of which i really rate, but didn't think as much of the 18ga dewalt which i why i went for the Milwaukee. I am fortunate to have batteries for makita, dewalt and Milwaukee. The Milwaukee 23ga pin nailer (imported from USA) is a great bit of kit too if that is something you may want in the future. I am pretty certain dewalt don't do one of them.

I have always found buying a deal for a drill driver is a cheap way to get batteries and then buy the bare nailer. I got a Milwaukee drill driver with two 4ah batteries for £145 on a deal. A 4ah battery will fire a decent number of nails.

Nick

Meant to say that i have the Dewalt first fix and 16ga dewalt, both of which i really rate, but didn't think as much of the 18ga dewalt which i why i went for the Milwaukee. I am fortunate to have batteries for makita, dewalt and Milwaukee. The Milwaukee 23ga pin nailer (imported from USA) is a great bit of kit too if that is something you may want in the future. I am pretty certain dewalt don't do one of them.

I have always found buying a deal for a drill driver is a cheap way to get batteries and then buy the bare nailer. I got a Milwaukee drill driver with two 4ah batteries for £145 on a deal. A 4ah battery will fire a decent number of nails.

Nick
The reason for my question was prompted by not being inspired by the DeWalt 18g. I have the 16g and it’s pretty good.

I just discovered that the DeWalt 23g is available as an import. I might well go for that. My nail use case will be for pinning boxes during glue up.

If you can get away with 23ga, i would highly recommend. The headless pins are virtually impossible to see. Most go from 15mm to 35mm. I gave my gun using compressed air to a friend who runs a picture framing business who uses it for pinning deep frames whilst gluing so a similar job i would imagine to what you need it for.

Nick

Back