Buying a 15g nailer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scifli

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, my first post here so thanks for looking.
I have a 24 litre Hyundai compressor and a Rapid 18g brad nailer which works well with it. I will soon be starting a new garden shed build 16x6 (weird size I know but its a lean to extension on my existing shed for storage )
I am considering buying a framing nailer for doing T&G cladding and for attaching 11mm OSB to inside of my exiting shed as interior wall covering insulation.
Does anyone have recommendations for which nailer to buy to meet these reqirements. I was thinking 15g or 16g or even a bigger one to cover this and maybe bigger jobs down the line, but only started this thing a year ago so no experience., Any help appreciated thanks.

For the interior USB in the shed, I'd recommend screws rather than nailing as it'll make your life much easier when you want to remove it for some reason - and it's virtually guaranteed that you will want to get behind it at some point e.g. running cables or clearing out a mouse nest.

For exterior cladding/fencing I bought a air-powered Makita coil nailer (AN613) when I saw it on offer

For the interior USB in the shed, I'd recommend screws rather than nailing as it'll make your life much easier when you want to remove it for some reason - and it's virtually guaranteed that you will want to get behind it at some point e.g. running cables or clearing out a mouse nest.

For exterior cladding/fencing I bought a air-powered Makita coil nailer (AN613) when I saw it on offer
Thanks for the info. I think I will use screws for interior for the reasons you stated. Ive looked at the Makita coil nailer but its quite pricey atm. Maybe I'll get a deal on it or something similar on Black Friday.

Back