Wadkin table saw question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Established Member
Reaction score
HI Id really like a wadking bgs sliding table saw but I dont believe they were made for 240. I just cant get 3 phase so I was wondering if Wadkin made anything similar for 240 set up?
Or do people know of other good machines of that qulaity that have a sliding table that move that close to the blade?

I have an AGS. I've not looked at the bgs manual, but, off the top of my head, I can't think of a possible reason why you couldn't just swap the motor, or buy an inverter specific to the machine.

Things like the bao/s units, with their dual motors, are difficult, but I'm not aware of any complication with the bgs.

Wadkin BGS's were available in 240V single phase, they're just very rare to come across. I've only ever seen one that was an original single phase one on the manufacturing tags. They're easy enough to swap out for a single phase motor anyway if that's the big issue.

Next step up would be a Wadkin PK but I don't think they made them for single phase.

There's plenty of other saws to be had, Felder, SCM, Panhans, Altendorf, Martin ETC... It all really depends on what your budget is.

I’ve got a single phase BGS10. The previous owner just swapped out the three phase motor for a single phase one (I got the old motor with the machine as well). It’s a pretty straight forward operation by all accounts.

I have a single phase AGS/p. It's a bit gutless- it can cut out several times while sawing a bit of 4" oak.

I have an AGS10 3 phase that I drive comfortably with a 405V inverter (Drives Direct) from a 240V supply. Works a treat, gives software-controlled fast stop in 8 seconds and soft start. I have three of these on different machines and so far no probs in several years intermittent running. The investors are more expensive than the 240 1ph - 240 3ph ones, but they do the job without the hassle of motor change.

Back