wadkin JTA restoration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This machine is not a keeper I've already got a bobbin and a little disc sander its just passing through for a bit surgery. :D
I got the motor sprayed and am just about ready to start putting it back together. I just need a decent pallet.
I really like doing the bronze cast tags

IMG_1048_zpsk0sv8dtr.jpg

IMG_1049_zpsuunnxgtl.jpg

Great restoration Wallace, we use lots of walking machines and love them. Do you ever get paid to restore other people's machines? Also, will this sander be for sale? Thanks for these threads, best topics on here and I really look forward to them.

I get the occasional request to restore a machine, I did a nice RS lathe for a cabinet maker a couple of months ago. This one will be finding a new home when finished.

Let the fun begin :D There are a couple of handles missing from this, its lucky I have a good selection of wadkin stuff in my stash because small wadkin items seem to making astronomical money on ebay. Did any fellow wadkinites notice that RS lathe carriage handle sell for nearly £80 :shock:

IMG_1050_zpsug4nvnid.jpg

The electrics have been the bane of my life, for nearly 10 days I have been trying to sort the original starters and they just would not play nice, in the end I found some suitable Brooks ones which took me 2 hrs to install I still need to tidy the wires up and add a rope gasket for the door.

IMG_1101_zpsams3hxj6.jpg

IMG_1102_zpsfzqyn526.jpg

IMG_1087_zpslgmk9n4h.jpg

IMG_1086_zpsj8tjolj4.jpg

I found some flexible conduit in my stash and it cleaned up well

IMG_1098_zpschfpjlph.jpg

IMG_1109_zps815jwbyp.jpg

IMG_1088_zpsjn51mx3y.jpg

IMG_1096_zpscz8eeta8.jpg

IMG_1100_zpsug9bl2jc.jpg

IMG_1093_zpsgprxdpcy.jpg

IMG_1094_zpsvvbyktvp.jpg

Fitzroy":vbqc83u4 said:
Green with envy at the machine...
No no. This is a Wadkin, so you need to be grey (RAL 7011) with envy. Green is for the later Wadkin-Bursgreen machines :mrgreen:

Cheers, Vann.

Back