Veritas planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhossydd":1526xrq8 said:
MIGNAL":1526xrq8 said:
Well if it's a genuine mistake you can hardly blame them for not honouring the sales.
It's no mistake. They sent emails out with the offer of £100 off some Veritas bench planes. This wasn't some error when inputting prices into a big web site.
One also needs to consider that even with £100 off their prices it's only less than £79 off their nearest UK competitor (£65 after VAT is taken out of the figures). As they're the UK distributor they ought to be able to cut prices harder than anyone else too.

It's still a bargain for the buyer, but I doubt Axminster will be loosing much, if anything on the sales. It's probably been an exercise in shifting an over stocked, slow selling item, likely before they take on stocking the new custom to order models.
Plus many of us probably added an extra item or two to their order. They'll be making full margin on those items to offset the lack of margin on the plane.

No excuses really for not fulfilling all the orders placed before they pulled the offer. Very poor PR if they do.

Not really - they didnt for me at xmas even with a screenshot! And the small print is always unless we took funds & shipped it, so they're covered. Accidents happen.

TBH - I received the same email that says £100 off some plane. That PMV plane isn't usually £214 though, thats the thing. Its more expensive than the other two listed at £199 each...... because of the PMV blade.

The Brimarc site (which is Axmister) has it for Brimarc #4

If anyone was fortunate to grab one at £114 fairplay to 'em!

Rhossydd":ha2nkg0m said:
iNewbie":ha2nkg0m said:
they didnt for me at xmas even with a screenshot!
Was that for one of their promotions or just a mis-listing ?

It was a price drop item - a promotion they had going. Every day 1% was taken off certain items.

The email i received from Axi said they'd never listed it at that price - even though I'd sent a screenshot! I called before purchasing to check the price and was told they'd never sell at that price as they'd not be making anything.

Just had a call from those nice people in Axminster about my order. Yes, they'll honour the price, but because of demand* delivery is expected to be 3-4 months. They did offer a discount off a new custom built Veritas instead, which they'll be stocking soon, but apparantly most customers have opted to wait for their No4.

*I'm told they've spent the whole day phoning customers to explain the situation and taken more orders for that plane over the weekend than they would expect to sell in two years normally. quelle surpise

Thanks Rhossydd for that update, very good to hear it being dealt with well.

A final word on this:
The plane arrived today at the bargain price, a little earlier than promised, and very lovely it is too. Worth waiting for.

Latest posts

Back