Veritas miniature router v Stanley 271 small router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I was just looking at planes(Again) mainly the Lie Nielsen 60 1/2RN(rebating block plane) and some Veritas planes in particular their miniature collection.

Most of the miniature collection isnt much use, but the small router version i would say is a great deal.

You will pay £45 for a used 271 and considerably more for a new one, but in use its really a poor tool and difficult to adjust.
Compare that to the miniature veritas which has fine adjustment and its night and day when it comes to usefulness. The veritas miniature router costs about £50
They look to be the same size, so there shouldn't be any difficulty in use. The Stanley 271 is 75mmx52mm, and the Veritas version states 75mm wide. Doesnt say by what, but it looks to be the same.
https://www.axminstertools.com/veri...utm_content=2266&tagrid=62699496&glCountry=GB

I've got a new in box 271 somewhere, and a used one i sometimes use, though I've the Lie Nielsen No71, so it doesn't see much use at that.
So I think I'll pick myself up one of these little veritas planes before they stop making them. It really is a good edition to any workshop and a far cry over its counterpart.

Anyone got one ? + how did you get on with it.

Last edited:
I was just looking at planes(Again) mainly the Lie Nielsen 60 1/2RN(rebating block plane) and some Veritas planes in particular their miniature collection.

Most of the miniature collection isnt much use, but the small router version i would say is a great deal.

You will pay £45 for a used 271 and considerably more for a new one, but in use its really a poor tool and difficult to adjust.
Compare that to the miniature veritas which has fine adjustment and its night and day when it comes to usefulness. The veritas miniature router costs about £50
They look to be the same size, so there shouldn't be any difficulty in use. The Stanley 271 is 75mmx52mm, and the Veritas version states 75mm wide. Doesnt say by what, but it looks to be the same.
https://www.axminstertools.com/veri...utm_content=2266&tagrid=62699496&glCountry=GB

I've got a new in box 271 somewhere, and a used one i sometimes use, though I've the Lie Nielsen No71, so it doesn't see much use at that.
So I think I'll pick myself up one of these little veritas planes before they stop making them. It really is a good edition to any workshop and a far cry over its counterpart.

Anyone got one ? + how did you get on with it.
How does the miniature veritas compare with the small veritas router plane.. Clive.

How does the miniature veritas compare with the small veritas router plane.. Clive.
Ive neither, but looking at the two, the veritas small looks to be very slightly bigger, but lacks the fine screw adjuster, and i think that makes a big difference in use.

Given the choice for a small granny tooth router, I'd certainly pick the miniature over the small.

Ive neither, but looking at the two, the veritas small looks to be very slightly bigger, but lacks the fine screw adjuster, and i think that makes a big difference in use.

Given the choice for a small granny tooth router, I'd certainly pick the miniature over the small.
I am thinking of getting one myself ,possibly push the boat out and get the medium veritas.

I am thinking of getting one myself ,possibly push the boat out and get the medium veritas.

If you're feeling spendy, why not push it right out, then throw the oars away.

Hongdui km-17 pro

The cutter screws onto the bottom of the blade shaft and comes in a range of widths.
s-l1600.jpg

Back