Using AI For Inspiration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinverkid

Established Member
Reaction score
My niece has seen all the decorated birdboxes I've made over the years and now she has her own house (how did that happen? She's still only nine in my head) and she would like one for her garden.
I collect images from various sources and pin them into Onenote for reference when needing some inspiration. I just thought, this morning of using AI. In this instance, I used Copilot through Bing. This was the request I typed into the search box: generate images of painted and decorated wooden birdhouses suitable for bluetits. they must be suitable to affix to a fence post.

This is what it came up with:

1715761960419.png

1715761989377.png

1715762011825.png

1715762035287.png

I have three choices from here on. But most uncles will know there's only, really, one.

1. Ignore the 'inspiration' images and just make a plain box

2. Get my wife to say I have altzeimers and can't remember who my niece is

3. Sort out some timber and wash my paint brushes.

My niece has seen all the decorated birdboxes I've made over the years and now she has her own house (how did that happen? She's still only nine in my head) and she would like one for her garden.
I collect images from various sources and pin them into Onenote for reference when needing some inspiration. I just thought, this morning of using AI. In this instance, I used Copilot through Bing. This was the request I typed into the search box: generate images of painted and decorated wooden birdhouses suitable for bluetits. they must be suitable to affix to a fence post.

This is what it came up with:

View attachment 181267

View attachment 181268

View attachment 181269

View attachment 181270

I have three choices from here on. But most uncles will know there's only, really, one.

1. Ignore the 'inspiration' images and just make a plain box

2. Get my wife to say I have altzeimers and can't remember who my niece is

3. Sort out some timber and wash my paint brushes.
4, build a plain box and give it niece with some pants as a project for her to participate in.

I think they are great ideas to step off of. Making them precisely i see as fraught with difficulty, i don't think wood grain structure works the same in real life as in most of the images.

Latest posts

Back