UKW Challenge ( Update , Please read )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Due to events on the forum last week , I will no longer be running the Challenge

I have asked Nev if he would like to step in and run things from October , and into the future

I think Nev is more than capable , he enjoys his turning is very helpful and has been a valued asset to the turning section on UKW .
I have noticed a humerus side , this can only be a good thing , as after all the forum is supposed to be fun and enjoyable.

Two further posts to come later today

Blister":3v5elj0g said:
I have noticed a humorous side , this can only be a good thing , as after all the forum is supposed to be fun and enjoyable.

I look forward to Allen's further post with some trepidation.

In view of Allen's comment above however, it seems a shame that some people seem determined to ensure the opposite. As far as I'm concerned, they can go forth and multiply - I mean this very nicely and in a friendly manner of course.

Blister":2qgz4zu1 said:
I think Nev is more than capable , he enjoys his turning is very helpful and has been a valued asset to the turning section on UKW .
I have noticed a humerus side , this can only be a good thing , as after all the forum is supposed to be fun and enjoyable.

:oops:

as said, I am happy to step up to keep the Blister Challenge going ( not so happy about the reasons though!). If anyone has any objections or otherwise please let me know (PM or forum) but in the meantime I should like to keep it going for all the reasons Allen started it in the first place, to increase the learning and interest in turning and this forum, and provide a bit of fun and enjoyment for all those that take part.
So hats off to Blister for starting the challenge and lets all do what we can to keep it going.
cheers
nev

nev":pyu1k29e said:
as said, I am happy to step up to keep the Blister Challenge going ( not so happy about the reasons though!). If anyone has any objections or otherwise please let me know (PM or forum) but in the meantime I should like to keep it going for all the reasons Allen started it in the first place, to increase the learning and interest in turning and this forum, and provide a bit of fun and enjoyment for all those that take part.
So hats off to Blister for starting the challenge and lets all do what we can to keep it going.
cheers
nev

Hi Nev,

I have no problems with you continuing the challenge. Its quite a bit of work I imagine so, although I can't think what it might be, if you ever need a hand, just get in touch.

On the other hand, I would prefer things to have carried on as they were but clearly, that option seems to have gone down the Swanee. :(

Back