Trouble with sliding compound mitre saw...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluepowerade

Reaction score
WK9Db

Hi there,

Initially I believed the saw blade was bent but after installing a brand new blade today I had the exact same problem. The cuts are not straight and as you can see from the image the wood is tight against the blade at the front but towards the back appears a few mm off and this is straight after the cut before I have moved the wood. The problem is made worse when using the sliding function, does anyone know how this can be fixed??

Many thanks in advance!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138696299 ... ed-public/

Hi there,

thank you for replying, I put a square against the fence and the blade and although it starts of square, closest to me there is a gap between the blade and the square identical to the gap left on wood when i make cuts.

I have adjusted the blade slightly but as there is only one hole the fence screw fits into how am i supposed to pull it anymore forward!?

thanks!

mock":woxtpnx9 said:
Hi have a look at this video it might help Mock
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3tsS84CWA

Why did he adjust the fence? ..surely it would have been easier to adjust the angle adjustment on the front?

bluepowerade hold a long straight edge against the full width of the saw fence, it is apparently quite common for these to be the source of the problem.

If this is the case I think the solution is probably to make a ply/mdf 'sub-fence' which is straight, and that you fix to the existing one with appropriate packing to support it.

Latest posts

Back