Triton TRB001 Router Problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imperial

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with a Triton TRB001 Router and seem to remember a Guy "Ray" used to be able to help with solving problems but dont know if he visits any longer. Anyhow the problem is that the collet screws into another mounting which is screwed onto the motor shaft. That mounting is now loose and I cant find an easy way to tighten it. The top of the motor has a nut but that loosens when the mounting is tightened. The mounting has no grip points only the gaps for the spigot to lock it when changing bits via the collet so without disassembling the whole router is there an obvious way to get the mounting tight? Does this make sense or do you need pics? Maybe this has happened to somebody else?

Thanks for any help.

He is called Ray Girling and used to post under the name Argee

I think he has his own website if you google his name

Haven't seen him post on here for ages

Sorry cant help with the problem myself

Mark

May I hitch a lift here?

I also have the TRB001 and experience some different problems when using the router in a table -

The speed adjuster needs to be towards the operator. This puts the 'above table' adjuster hole towards the back of the table. In my case often hidden by the fence. It is not always possible to adjust the height of the cutter first.

The speed adjuster numbers are stamped on the top of the wheel and cannot be seen (standing on my head helps!) and I find it difficult to judge the speed by sound alone.

What a shame the manufacturers did not have the presence of mind to provide a 1/4 inch collet. Not sure when I will be able to use the 12mm one. The 1/4inch insert always causes problems. No matter how hard I tighten the collet nut the bit always rises in the collet. I have had to duplicate my router bits in 1/2inch shank.

Other members experiences will be appreciated.

Found Ray's website but no contact details provided. Contacted Triton and waiting on a reply from technician.

Re other reply, this router is fitted permanently in a router table and the speed is at the back. I dont change the speed much so never have any problems but when I do, I listen to the tone and being hard of hearing dont find that a problem either. My 1/4 collet works perfect too but dont use that much. This router has worked perfectly since buying from a member here years ago, this is the only hassle I've had and even then dont expect that it will cause much trouble to solve, eventually :roll:

Thanks for the reply with Rays name :wink:

Try a PM to him, which will land a notification in his email inbox if that's still in use

Mark

This is the reply I got from Triton, for anyone else who thinks the have the same "problem" I find it surprising and unnerving :shock:

Answer: The collet adaptor only needs to be screwed on by hand. It will become fully tightened upon first use. To remove, a sharp tap with a soft metal drift will unscrew the adaptor.

Latest posts

Back